How to Make a Facebook Post Shareable in 2023: All You Need To Know
You must be wondering, why should you make Facebook posts shareable? Well, when you share content, it helps spread information. For many businesses, it is hard to keep up with the keyword changes because of the continuous changes taking place in search algorithms. So, to keep clients engaged and to post content, more and more businesses now turn to social media, especially Facebook.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why Do I Need to Make My Posts Shareable?
- 2 How to Make a Post Shareable on Facebook
- 3 Make All Posts Shareable
- 4 Other Options
- 5 Sharing Posts From Different Groups
- 6 Sharing Friends’ Posts
- 7 How to Make a Public Post Private Again
- 8 The Different Privacy Options
- 9 Conclusion
You might have come across a post on Facebook that you really want to share on your feed, but you don’t see any share button like there usually is. Well, there might be reasons why there’s no share button on your or other people’s Facebook posts. The good news is that most of the reasons are easily fixable. So, if you’re wondering how to make a Facebook post shareable, here’s all you need to know. your posts, like the content, and then share the post on their own feed as well.
As more and more people share your posts, Facebook’s algorithm starts to recognize them easily because they appear in your customers’ news feed regularly. As a result, there’s a viral trend, and more people come across your business. Facebook has many different kinds of posts that range from people announcing their marriage, a new job, completion of education, etc. Other reasons for making posts shareable are:
- In some cases, a post can help save someone from harm or warn them beforehand. For example, you can find posts from your local police station about a new phone-call scam.
- Nearly everyone today is available on Facebook, which is one of the many reasons why announcements are now made virtually. Apart from conferences, organizations also prefer spreading awareness via Facebook.
It isn’t difficult to make Facebook shareable. Whether you want to change privacy settings to ‘public’ on an old post or a new one, it’s very simple. Here is how to make a post shareable on Facebook. If you want to change the privacy settings to ‘public’ for a post you made in the past, here’s what you need to do:
If you’re using your PC to make the changes, then login to Facebook, and then follow these steps:
- Go to the post that you want to make shareable. In the upper right corner, you will see three dots. Click on that.
- Here, a little menu will pop up. Here, click on “Edit Post”.
- Now, at the bottom of the pop-up, you will see a “Save” button. Next to it, there will be a drop-down menu. Click on that to open up the privacy settings of the post.
- From the options that show up, choose “Public” and then hit on “Save”.
On iOS/Android Devices
If you are using a mobile device and want to make Facebook post shareable, here’s what you should do:
- On your profile, find the post that you want to share. In the upper right corner, you will see three dots. Tap on that.
- You will now see a pop-up menu. Here, tap on “Edit Privacy”.
- From the “Privacy” menu, check the box next to “Public”. Now, on the upper right corner, you will see “Done”. Tap on that.
For New Posts
If you are posting something new and want to make it Public, then follow these steps:
- Launch the mobile app or open the websites.
- Create a new post by tapping or clicking on What’s on your mind you see on top.
- A new pop-up will open where you can type in your post. At the bottom, there will be two options: Your Story and News Feed with suboptions Public and Friends.
- Once you have selected the option as well as the sub-option, it’s time to publish the post.
- Once the post is ready, tap on Post.
Both ‘Your Story’ and ‘News Feed’ options can also be selected together since both are equally important. If you’re using Facebook on your mobile browser, then the procedure of making posts shareable is the same. The only difference is that there will only be one drop-down menu that will be labeled as ‘Public’ by default. There won’t be two drop-down menus, as mentioned in the third step above.
You can just do away with the hassle of changing the privacy settings to ‘public’ by making all posts shareable. Here’s how to make posts shareable on Facebook:
If you’re using your PC, then there are two ways of making posts shareable.
Method #1: Via Settings
Once you are logged into your account, the next steps to take are:
- At the top, you will see an options button. Tap on that and then go over to “Settings”.
- Now, go to the tab that says “Privacy”.
- Now, in the “Your Activity” section, tap on the dropdown menu.
- Lastly, choose “Public” as a privacy option.
Method #2: When Posting Something New
You might have noticed that Facebook also allows you to change a post’s privacy at the time of making it, and it saves this preference for future posts, too. So, once you set the privacy to “Public”, all the future posts you make will also be “Public”. to change the privacy at the time of posting something:
- Click on the drop-down menu present next to “News Feed”.
- Set the option to “Public”.
- Once you’re done, you can go ahead and post it.
On iOS/Android Devices
Making all posts shareable using your iOS or Android devices is also nothing difficult. Again, there are two ways you can do so.
Method #1: Via Settings
Launch the Facebook app and log in to your account. Then:
- In the top right corner, you will see a hamburger menu. Tap on that.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Go to “Privacy” and then tap on “Privacy settings”.
- You will be able to see a section labeled “Your activity”. Here, tap on “Who can see your future posts?”
- Tap in “Try It Now”.
- Finally, tap on the post privacy button present at the top.
- Select “Public”.
Method #2: When Creating a New Post
To make your new post shareable, log in to your account and:
- Tap on “What’s on your mind”, which is the space where you write new posts.
- On the top, you will see a privacy toggle. Tap on that.
- Set posts to “Public” All your future posts will automatically be set to ‘Public’ and will be shareable.
When it comes to sharing posts on Facebook, there are many other options apart from just sharing posts from your news feed. These are:
Sharing Posts Posted on Different Facebook Pages
Pages on Facebook are usually public, and anyone can see them even if they haven’t liked the page. Posts on pages are also public, and anyone can share them. To share a post that’s posted on a Facebook page:
- Tap or click on “Share” present below the post.
- If you want, you can type in a message that will be posted along with the post you are sharing.
- To share the post with your friends on Facebook, click or tap on “Share Now”.
Sharing Posts From Different Groups
Groups on Facebook can either be private or public, which means some posts from groups might not be shareable. Public groups on Facebook are open for all, even if they aren’t members.
- To share the posts from a public group, simply click or tap on ‘Share’ present below the post.
- When it comes to private Facebook groups, you can only share posts with other members of that group only.
Sharing Friends’ Posts
If you want to share a friend’s post, you will need to have a look at his/her privacy settings. If there’s no Share button below their post, then their profile is probably private, which means you can’t share their posts. If you see the ‘Share’ button, you can click on it. After that, you will have six possible options:
- Public post that makes it visible to everyone via ‘Share Now.’
- Share the post in an Event. You can do so by clicking on ‘Share’ and then changing the default option from ‘Share on Timeline’ to ‘Share in Event.’
- If you want to share with only your Facebook friends, choose ‘Share to your story now.’
- If you want to share a post with your friends on Messenger as a message, you can do so by choosing ‘Send as Message.’ You will be able to choose your friends to send a message from the Friend List.
- To share the post with members of a group that you are also part of, choose ‘Share in Group.’
- You can share the post on a friend’s wall by choosing ‘Share on a friend’s timeline.’
If there’s no ‘Share’ button, you can ask your friend to change the privacy settings so that you can share the post.
How to Make a Public Post Private Again
You now changed the default privacy settings for all your posts to ‘Public,’ but there might be cases where you would want to make a public post private again so that no one but you can see it. You can do so by:
- Tapping or clicking on the three dots that appear next to the post.
- An Edit menu will open up. Here, choose ‘Edit Privacy.’
- To make the post private, choose ‘Only me.’
Once you make these changes, people won’t be able to see that particular post again unless you change the privacy settings again. For those who already saw your post before you changed the privacy, it will automatically disappear from their newsfeed.
The Different Privacy Options
‘Public’ and ‘only me’ aren’t the only ones mention when it comes to the different privacy options on Facebook. Here is a breakdown of all the different privacy options:
With this option, all your posts will be visible to all internet users, even if they are not on Facebook.
If you set the visibility of your posts to ‘Friends,’ only your Facebook friends will be able to see them. Friends except…
With this privacy option, you can make your posts visible to all the people on your friend’s list except those who you add to the list. People on the ‘friends except..’ list won’t be able to see, react, or comment on your post.
This privacy option makes your posts available only for specific friends. Meanwhile, others would only see an empty feed.
This is essentially a mixture of the last two settings. With this option, you can add people who can see the post as well as those who aren’t allowed to see it.
Only your close friends will be able to view your posts.
As the name suggests, only you will be able to see the post. This is a great option if you want to keep notes for only yourself.
You now know how to make a Facebook post shareable – it’s quite simple; you only have to adjust your post’s privacy, or you can also make the changes from your profile. Once you change the privacy for your latest post, Facebook will remember your preference for the next time you post something. So, you won’t have to change the setting every time you post.